If I have an out of state license, do I have to take this course to get a California license?
You must check with the CA Department of Insurance to verify how many required hours you will need. Some states do not require pre-licensing education, therefore to transfer your license you would still need to complete the 52 hrs of prelicensing. The D.O.I. website is www.insurance.ca.gov D.O.I. Phone # 800-967-9331
129 of 381 people found this helpful.